Program Director – Physician Assistant Studies
Mississippi State University – Meridian
This is a phenomenal opportunity to build a Physician Assistant Program from scratch with incredible backing from the State and two significant foundations for financial support. The school has state-of-the-art technology along with a beautiful downtown campus. There are two local hospitals that are extremely supportive of this effort and this person will work closely with those administrators as the program is built.
• Coordination of initial accreditation approval with The Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA), including organizing and crafting the self-study.
• Work with the administration in recruiting, hiring, supervising, and evaluating PA faculty and support staff members.
• Lead and maintain the best pedagogical practices among PA programs, including mentoring junior faculty.
• Reach established enrollment goals through overseeing the student recruitment and admissions processes, coordinating student acceptance and matriculation processes, and collaborating with administration and staff in marketing and program promotion.
• Serve as a key representative for the university related to clinical allied health programs, specifically on the Meridian Campus.
• Coordinate and oversee clinical practicums and arrange host sites.
• Participate in the recruitment of clinicians and support staff for clinical practice.
• Build and maintain close working relationships with local hospital administrators and physicians.
• Participate in research and presentations to build a national reputation for the Master of Physician Assistant Studies program.
• Develop a strategic and operational plan for the program, including budgetary and fiscal management.
• Collaborate with colleagues on the Meridian and Starkville Campus in initiatives that expand the university’s contribution to critical healthcare needs of the state.
• Contribute to broad university service through key committee appointments.
• Other duties as assigned.
Meridian is the sixth largest city in the state of Mississippi, United States. It is the county seat of Lauderdale County. Along major highways, the city is 93 mi east of Jackson, Mississippi; 154 mi southwest of Birmingham, Alabama; 202 mi northeast of New Orleans, Louisiana; and 231 mi southeast of Memphis, Tennessee.
• Ideally situated at the crossroads of the I-20/I-59 corridor, the vibrant city of Meridian is known for its picturesque landscape and the community’s history, culture and outdoor activities
• Historic downtown Meridian showcases the city’s passion for art and architecture
• Master’s degree from an accredited Physician Assistant Program or related discipline.
• Three years of prior experience teaching in a Physician Assistant program.
• Licensed or eligible to be licensed in Mississippi as a Physician Assistant.
• PA-C required
Preferred Education and Work Experience
• Doctoral degree in a related discipline.
• Prior experience as a department head or program director.
• Prior experience with curriculum development, program design, and teaching courses using a course management system.
To be considered for this Program Director Opportunity, please contact us at 866-995-6077 or via email at email@example.com.
Job ID: DIR 18101
|Job Category||Program Director|